Have your voice heard! Dr. Vargas is hosting two public forums for parents, teachers, staff and interested community members to hear a presentation of the current budget structure and to solicit ideas for solutions to the projected budget challenges.
Hawk Awards Ceremony will be held on January 9th @ 1:15 p.m. Doors will open @ 1:00 for families. Letters to parents of students receiving awards went home on January 4th. "Please check your child's white envelope or red folder."
Our Annual Title 1 meeting will be held following the Hawk Awards at 2:00 on Monday, January 9th. Everyone is invited to attend this very informative meeting. Light refreshments will be served.
The Hallsville Hawks Boys' and Girls' Basketball Team game schedules are out and uploaded to the new Boys' Basketball page and Girls' Basketball page on our website. We welcome all our fans to come cheer on our young athletes!!!
Go! Hawks! Go!
Calling all participants! Speak Up, a national online research project facilitated by Project Tomorrow®, gives individuals the opportunity to share their viewpoints about key educational issues, particularly concerning 21st century education and technology. Each year, findings are summarized and shared with national and state policy makers. Let your voice be heard!
WHO TAKES THE SURVEY? Students, Staff, Parents, Administrators and Community Members are invited to participate!
Take the Survey!
Now through January 13, 2017
Kindergarten Registration at Hallsville - see Mrs. Brennan in the office
encouraged to download, print, and complete all registration forms prior to
coming to the school to register. Registration forms are available on
Please bring the following documents on
the day you register:
- Child’s birth certificate, I-94 or
green card: Copies are
- Two (2) proofs of residence: Utility bills, lease agreement,
- Child's last well child exam: Available
from your doctor's office.
- and immunizations records: Available
from your doctor's office.
Students must be 5 years old by SEPTEMBER 30 in order to
register for kindergarten.
Watch for Hallsville to host our one-stop Kindergarten Registration Day mid-April when you can get paperwork done (checked, copied, and turned in), learn about our programs, and meet our teachers.
Hallsville is currently in need of a few volunteers during the day for various assignments. Anyone interested should contact Bonnie Skogsholm or Stacey Evans.
Welcome to a new school year! We are excited to announce that City Year will be serving at Hallsville Elementary School in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade classrooms. City Year is a program that unites young people of all backgrounds for a full year of service in public schools. City Year AmeriCorps members serve as a tutors, mentors, and role models in the classroom. City Year AmeriCorps members will work with teachers and staff at the school to support our students. They provide the following services for our students:
- 1-on-1 and group tutoring: If a City Year AmeriCorps member is serving in your child’s classroom, she/he will provide additional attention and support to students, helping them catch up if they are behind and keeping them focused in class. City Year AmeriCorps members work 1-on-1 and in groups with students who might need additional help, helping to strengthen their Literacy and Math skills.
- After-school Program: City Year AmeriCorps members support the after-school program at Hallsville Elementary School providing academic support and homework help, as well as an enrichment curriculum.
- Overall enhancement of school climate: City Year AmeriCorps members help organize school-wide events and initiatives for students, faculty and parents. From family engagement events to morning greetings, AmeriCorps members help make students feel welcomed and excited about coming to school every day. Look for future announcements about upcoming events!
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your support of this program and dedication to our students.
Bonnie Skogsholm, Principal
Hallsville Elementary Schoolbskogsholm@mansd.org
Yessi Garcia, Impact Manager
City Year New Hampshireygarcia@cityyear.org